Spicy Sichuan Green Beans
Craving something a little different and a little special? Fear not, we have an authentic, easy, and delicious recipe for you! It is a spicy Sichuan green bean dish straight from China.
– 2 Cups of French green beans
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 red chili pepper
– 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– 2 teaspoons potherb mustard
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
– 1 cup of water
1. In a pot, boil the French beans for 3-4 minutes. Remove the beans from the water, and chop into small pieces. Place aside.
2. Place 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a hot saucepan. Let it begin to simmer.
3. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and 1 chopped red chili pepper to the pan. Allow it to simmer for a couple minutes.
4. Add the cooked and chopped beans, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and stir everything together for about 1 minute.
5. Add 2 teaspoons of potherb mustard and 1 teaspoon of soy sauce. Allow everything cook together for 1 more minute. Enjoy!
This dish is low in calories and has a ton of nutritional value! Green beans are high in vitamin C, K, B1, A and has plenty of omega-3 fatty acids and minerals. This dish is nutritious and delicious!